Sunday, March 1, 2009

Don't wait until everyone is crying to start making dinnner

It's Sunday so I should be able to relax, right? Not if your a mother. Every one still has to eat. So here I am, Sunday afternoon, relaxing, typing on my computer ( as the children say) not really in any big hurry to get anything done. Then it hits. One starts crying because she bumped her chin. I pick her up and talk to her. She still keeps crying. Then I realize brother's crying because sister won't pump up his bike tire. I put the baby that I was nursing down to help the other two. Now I have three children balling at the top of their lungs. Nothing seems to passify them.

Okay, they probably just need something to eat and then pop into bed with a good night kiss from mother. I start scrubbing potatoes. I try to help the two-year-old that bonked her chin but nothing helps. Help! Dinner won't be ready for at least half an hour. Now someone pounded someone else. So now I have her sitting on the time out chair wailing her woe. Then I get the hicups. Here I am with...hic...four boobing babies and I'm...hic....trying to get them...hic...something to .....hic.....eat. Then I ....hic..... trip over a ...hic... can on the floor. Finally ...hic... the potatoes are....hic.... on. The gravy ....hic... is started ..hic.... Just keep a .....hic... steady nerve ....hic... and every thing will be....hic... fine in a minute.

Then my ...hic.... husband ...hic.... comes in. "Why is every one crying?" What a sweet heart. He takes all four of them for a ride. Ah! peace and quiet. I get me a drink and the hicups leave. I finish making supper. All is well again.

What can I learn from this? Don't wait until all the babies are crying before you start to make dinner. Plan Ahead, even on Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Learning Fun

Look for ways to make learning fun here