Friday, January 30, 2009

Spend time with your child

I was shopping the other day and ran across a neat preschool activity book. I thought it would be great for my four-year-old. She loved it. But to my dismay, she scribbled on every page then cut it up and had a real good time. I realized that the best book in the world wasn't going to do her any good unless I went through it with her. So if you've found a great preschool book for your little one, keep in mind, that 15 minutes with mother can do more for a child than the best book in the world. Go through it with her. If your reading a book, reciting a favorite poem, or singing the alphabet, the time your spend with that child will bring far better results than the book itself.

Compare the preschooler alone with the book to a DVD with no player. It just doesn't do much good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Learning Fun

Look for ways to make learning fun here